Wednesday, February 13, 2008

First Post

I’m not sure this is a good idea. Me…blogging. I only recently even figured out what blogging is. I have seen blogs before when I’ve done a search for something and had one come up on google. Typically they seem to contain helpful information to my search. I’ve looked at our pastor’s blog and seen how other people comment. But I had no idea this blogging was something regular people did.

A friend sent me an email with a link to another friend’s blog to look at a comment about a book we’d been reading. Again, this was something I’d seen before when looking for reviews of this particular book. I had no idea someone I knew was doing this kind of thing. And it got me curious. The blog had links to other blogs and before I knew it I’d spent a ridiculous amount of time bouncing around and reading. I’m a reality TV addict and it was a little like that for me. Looking into your lives, what you think about, who you’re connected too, what’s happening in your world. Maybe it lacked some of the nail-biting suspense and competitive fervor. Maybe it wasn’t sexy or surprising. But it was definitely funny and much more real. Like my new friend Ashley says at the top of her blog, it’s like having those adult conversations I miss during the day because I’m raising two dynamic little girls.

It wasn’t long after discovering these windows into your lives that someone asked, “Do you blog?” I definitely wanted in on the “conversation”. There’s just one little problem. 1 Timothy 1:15,16. Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners – of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example of those who would believe on him and receive eternal life. So that’s me. It’s one of the first verses I ever memorized on my own time because it resonated so much with me. Hopefully I’m someone you can relate to. I hope you can handle the sarcasm, lack of good grammar and punctuation, blunt thoughts and opinions, screw ups, bad habits and such. And if you should comment that I’m wrong, rude, blunt, weird, uncouth, unrefined…you might be right. See 1 Timothy 1:15,16.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, you have already put my blog to shame, did you have to go and post 2 pics! Seriously, looks great and I loved reading it. Glad to know you are joining us!

carriehayes said...

hey tracy! that picture is great! i am so glad you are blogging! welcome! and you are a very good writer! YAY!!!

Amy Lafayett said...

Ah, yes! You have joined the ranks! And I am impressed with your quick skills at the posting stuff. Maybe you can give me a lesson or two! Can't wait to read more of what you have to say. Will this mean our phone conversations will have to be shorter. Will we have to "refer" to each other's blog? hahaha!

ChristinK said...

YEAH!! You have a BLOG!!

Anonymous said...

Great posts already! I love the way you write!

Anonymous said...

I'm old and don't have a blog. This is Connie S., no cute name for a blog or anything. This kind of lets me be a blog-yoyeur sort of.

Thanks for the blog! It will be great to keep up with you and your beautiful family!

The Jacksons said...

Hooray! I'm glad to see your here. I love the picture at sunset....can't wait to read more!

The Jacksons said...

woops...talk about grammar errors..I meant glad you're here! Haha!

Anonymous said...

I love that right in the middle of your list of blogs like Amy, Ashley, Carrie...IRISH CALVINIST...that's awesome!