Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter 2009

Well, this will be short and sweet but we had a great spring break and Easter. My sister and niece flew into Nashville and hung out for the weekend. Then my sister and I and all the little girls headed to Florida to stay with my mom for the week. The Daddys met up with us later. As we headed down, Big Sister and her cousin both discovered that they had a loose tooth. Oddly, it was the SAME tooth...and on the SAME day...weird. My niece called two nights ago to let us know her daddy had pulled her tooth. Big Sister called her tonight to tell her that our daddy pulled her tooth. (Of course she also wanted to know just how much money the tooth fairy brought.) The girls loved seeing their cousin.We had some cool weather in the beginning but eventually it warmed up and we were able to get some good time on the beach. On Good Friday the girls went to an Easter egg hunt and had a great time.

We colored eggs and amazingly, Little Sister managed to stay clean for the most part. There was one scary moment where she leaned on the table. It tipped and all the cups full of dye started to slide her way. Daddy and I were able to make a good save.
We went to the sunrise service on the beach again and once again, it was beautiful. I wrote about my experience last year which you can read here. Here are three pictures I took in succession. One to the east, one in front of me and one looking to the west. It was cool to see the moon and sun and all the colors in between like that.


After the sunrise service we ate breakfast a the world famous Oasis. Thankfully we didn't have to sit at the bar like last year. After filling our tummies we headed for home. It was a long trip but a great one. Hope you had a wonderful Easter too!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sunrise service on the beach looks amazing! I love the picture with C asleep with her leapster in hand!

Montee said...

That looks wonderful, I'm talking about Charlie in the carseat. Glad Y'all had such a nice Easter!

Julie Shaver said...

Beautiful pictures!

Rhonda said...

Awww, how sweet! Looks like you had an amazing Easter. Coloring eggs....oh Lordy, it's been a while for me. But I suspect it'll be in my near future once again...ha! Well, it was good to hear from you. I must be the world's lamest blogger...I have NO time to sit...honestly, it's pitiful. Saw David, Ann, girls last week at the Easter Egg Hunt...can't believe how big they are. D & A haven't changed one bit. Well, take care, hug Jeff and the girls and please come see us!!

Miss you,
Rhonda

Gigi and Grandy in Katy said...

Are you still out there? It's been ages since a post!